Onward Bound Humor

If you have any jokes that would fit here please send them to: Bookgleaner@gmail.com ---------------------------- More blogs: http://Outwardboundideas.blogspot.com - http://Inwardboundpoetry.blogspot.com - http://Homewardboundphotos.blogspot.com - And http://davidthemaker.blogspot.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: The City, On the edge

Saturday, August 26, 2006

293. The Word, A Spiritual Sourcebook by Noah benShea

From "The Word, A Spiritual Sourcebook" by Noah benShea

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Him your plans.
-Yiddish folk saying

An old man sat outside the walls of a great city.
When travelers approached they would ask the old man: "What kind of people live in this city?"
And the old man would answer: " What kind of people lived in the place where you came from?"
If the travelers answered: " Only bad people lived in the place where we came from."
Then the old man would reply: "Continue on, you will only find ad people here."
But is the travelers answered: "Only good people lived in the place where we have come from."
Then the old man would say: "Enter, for here too, you will only find good people."
-Yiddish folk saying

Kindness is remembered, meanness is felt.
-Yiddish folk saying

The punishment doled out to those who say bad things is also delivered to those who have the chance to say something good and do not.
-Zohar

I never went to the fair without taking into consideration the feelings of my neighbors.
If I was successful and peddled everything I took, and came home with my pockets stuffed with money, and my heart singing, I would tell my neighbors that I had lost all my money and was a failed man.
The outcome of this was that I was happy and my neighbors were happy.
-Shalom Aleichem

I grew up to have my father's looks––my father's speech patterns––my father's posture––my father's walk––my father's opinions––and my mother's contempt for my father.
-Jules Feiffer

The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy.
-Sam Levinson
[from OnwardBoundHumor.blogspot.com]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home